|Game||Harvest Moon: (More) Friends of Mineral Town|
ObtainingChickens are the most inexpensive animal that can be purchased in Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. They can be purchased from Lillia at the Poultry Farm.
- You cannot brush chickens. To increase affection, pick your chickens up each day.
- Chickens will eat bird seed while in the chicken shed. If you put your chickens outside, they will eat worms out of the grass and do not need to be fed. Bird seed can be purchased from the Poultry Farm, or you can make seed out of corn.
- Once you have one chicken, you are able to raise more by putting eggs into the egg nest.
- If your chicken becomes sick, you can cure her with animal medicine. Animal Medicine can be purchased from the Poultry Farm or from Barley's.
- If your chicken wins the Chicken Festival, they will lay better quality eggs.
- Chickens are most likely to become sick or die if they are attacked by wild dogs. This can be prevented by creating a fence when animals are left outside over night.
- Unlike later versions, there are only female chickens. You do not need a rooster to create fertilized eggs.