|Game||Harvest Moon: (More) Friends of Mineral Town|
They can be purchased from Lillia at the Poultry Farm for 1,500G.
There are two stages of chickens: chicks and chickens. To have a chick, one must put an egg in the incubator and it will hatch in 3 days.
At this young premature stage, they are unable to produce eggs. Even if the player feeds a chick, their affection rate will not increase until they grow into an adult chicken. Chicks are only obtainable by putting egg into the incubator.
It takes 9 full days for a chick to grow into a chicken and start producing eggs daily.
Adult chickens require love and proper care. Chickens need to be fed in order to increase their affection level and keep them healthy. After feeding them for many consecutive days, it will start to produce eggs which will give you a profit everyday. The higher the affection level, the better quality the egg. With this, you can participate in the Chicken Festival and produce golden eggs if the tournament is won.
- You cannot brush chickens. To increase affection, pick your chickens up each day.
- Chickens will eat bird seed while in the chicken shed. If you put your chickens outside, they will eat worms out of the grass and do not need to be fed. Bird seed can be purchased from the Poultry Farm, or you can make seed out of corn.
- Once you have one chicken, you are able to raise more by putting eggs into the egg nest.
- If your chicken becomes sick, you can cure her with animal medicine. Animal Medicine can be purchased from the Poultry Farm or from Barley's.
Chickens have it's own animal products. They produce eggs, which can also be made into mayonnaise with the mayonnaise maker.
Healthy adult chickens will produce an egg daily. Eggs can be cooked, put into an incubator, shipped or given as a gift.
|Animal Product||Requirement||Shipping Price|
|Egg||0-3 Hearts||50 G|
|Good Quality Egg||4-7 Hearts||60 G|
|High Quality Egg||8-10 Hearts||80 G|
|Golden Egg||8-10 Hearts, win the Chicken Festival||100 G|
|P Egg||8-10 Hearts, win the Chicken Festival, 600+ hours of being outdoors||180 G|
|X Egg||Random chance after a chicken lays a P egg.||350 G|
If you have a Mayonnaise Maker, you can now convert eggs into mayonnaise which will give you more money than shipping ordinary eggs.
|Cheese Product||Shipping Price|
|Small Mayonnaise||100 G|
|Medium Mayonnaise||150 G|
|Large Mayonnaise||200 G|
|Gold Mayonnaise||300 G|
|P Mayonnaise||450 G|
|X Mayonnaise||800 G|
- If your chicken wins the Chicken Festival, they will lay better quality eggs.
- Chickens are most likely to become sick or die if they are attacked by wild dogs. This can be prevented by creating a fence when animals are left outside over night.
- Unlike later versions, there are only female chickens. You do not need a rooster to create fertilized eggs.