- Loves: "Wow. This is my favorite. I...I really love it."
- Likes: "Wow, this is actually a great gift! Thank you very much."
- Neutral: "Well, this is... Thanks, I suppose."
- Disliked: "Are you trying to spite me? What's wrong with you?"
- Too Many Gifts: "Another gift today? Why don't you hold on to it and be more careful with your money."
- Good Birthday Gift: "A birthday present? For me? Thanks! This is perfect!"
- "I'm bracing myself for the new year. I have to make some plans..."
- "I can tell it's Spring when I see the flowers in bloom."
- "I hate summer. I hate it because I get heat exhaustion."
- "This island gets hit hard by typhoons in the Summer. They're a big worry."
- "Fall weather is quite comfortable."
- "If you're going to compete in the Harvest Festival, you should start preparing now."
- "I like the quiet nights during winter."
- "Another year is over. That went quick."
Sunny Day: "I don't get why good weather makes people so cheerful. What's the big deal?"
Rainy Day: "I don't like the rain."
Cloudy Day: "The weather is so-so. Well, I suppose it's comfortable."
Snowy Day: "Snow is troublesome. It doesn't do us any good."
Thunderstorm: "I feel depressed when it rains. Probably because the sky is so dark."
Day Before a Typhoon: "There'll be a typhoon tomorrow. Be prepared."
Typhoon: "What a horrible storm. Not much to do but sleep on days like this."
Blizzard: "The snow is horrible. Not much it do but sleep on days like this."
(1) "You can read about each resident in the Town Hall. Come by and take a look sometime."
(2) "If you get lost, just read the signs that you find around. If you want to read about town news and events, check the notice boards."
(3) "Making money is important. But it's more important to know how to use it. Don't spend it on stupid things."
(4) "It's always good to have money. There are things you can only fix with money. Work hard so you have enough savings for emergencies."
(5) "I hope we can build a good school on this island... But it won't be possible without years of planning."
(6) "I feel so cheerful these days....it's odd." (Female only)
"You cannot borrow or lend money without being trusted by others. You can tell a lot about a person just by how they use money." (Male/Married)
(7) "I used to think that money was the most important thing. But now...I think I've met someone who means more to me than money ever could." (Female only)
"Listen, people need to have goals. You should be ashamed of yourself if you live life with no purpose." (Male/Married)
(8) "<Player>... You know, just saying your name makes me feel funny...How strange." (Female only)
"Marriage? I've never thought about it. It'll happen eventually, but I have my hands full with other stuff." (Male/Married)
(9) "Come by everyday so I can see you, <Player>. If you don't, it makes me think.....Uh it's nothing, I'm not worried at all."(Female only)
(10) "I wish we could be together every minute. Actually, that sounds really weird. Forget I said that." (Female only)
- Flower Festival: "I like lavender. I find the color and fragrance soothing."
- Ocean Festival (Day): "Did you play the stone-skipping game? I think that's a game that both children and adults can enjoy."
- Ocean Festival (Night/Fireworks):
- Firefly Festival: "Thanks for waiting. Can you see them already? They are certainly beautiful... According to my father, there used to be more. It's strange to think that the ecology of the island has changed that much... ...They're gone now. If we keep the rivers clean, the fireflies can come back next year..