Harvest Moon 3D: The Lost Valley is the first main Harvest Moon game that isn't a localization of Marvelous AQL's Bokujō Monogatari (牧場物語, Bokujõ Monogatari, lit. Ranch Story) series, developed and published by Natsume Inc.
Hiking your way through the mountains one day, you become caught in an unexpected snowstorm, and find shelter with the help of a faint voice. When you awaken, you find and help a kindly Harvest Sprite buried under the snow, who tells you all of the seasons in the valley have vanished except for winter. To return all 4 seasons to the valley, you’ll need the help of the villagers, the Harvest Sprites, the Harvest Goddess, and even the King of the Underworld!
Gameplay and New Features
- Players can modify their surrounding world in a "sandbox" way; to create hills and valleys, divert rivers, lay bridges, etc.
- Players will be able to take requests from villagers, which helps boost your relationship with them.
- Tool use is context sensitive. There will be no need to equip tools, as when you approach something that would utilize the tool, it and its action will automatically be prompted.
- Staples of the series, such as farming, ranching, mining, woodcutting, and fishing will return, but will have additional elements to them. For example, the altitude of land plots, on which crops are planted, affects how they develop and what they grow into.
- Growing plants in different altitudes and in different lands can cause them to grow differently, e.g. the cabbage crop has 10 different mutations – red cabbage, yellow cabbage, purple cabbage, etc depending on the various ways you grow it (planting pumpkins in swamp land grows "Jack O' Lanterns" instead!) This allows the game to have more than 100 crops.
- There will be a "Harvest Sprite Whistle," that can be used to teleport the player back to their farm.
- The game supports downloadable content with the intent of extending the playtime of the game, and will include both paid and free DLCs. None of them are being stripped from the main game, and will not be required for any of the content in the default gaming experience, nor will it have and "pay-to-win" or "pay-to-play" elements. Most of it will focus on post-story and post-marriage content.
- If there is an item on the ground near the player that can be picked up, it will immediately be deposited in the player's inventory, with same items being stored in stacks of up to 99. Items that cannot go into a full bag will automatically go into storage.
- Instead of upgrading your tools, the Harvest Sprites now act as your tool upgrades. Ask the Harvest Sprites for their help, and they'll be able to water your crops, mine material stone, collect lumber, and more.
- Each animal will have its own personality traits, called “skills” in the game.
- Players will be able take screenshots of their game play.
- There is no heart meter for eligible candidates. All characters' affection and friendship level is now represented by Chemistry percentage.
- Players cannot give gifts to other characters to increase friendship. Instead, they have to interact with them daily and complete characters' personal requests in order to build Chemistry with mentioned characters.
- Harvest God
- Harvest Goddess
- King of the Underworld
- While The Lost Valley is the first main Harvest Moon Natsume made game, it is not the first original Harvest Moon game they made. That title belongs to the spin off game Puzzle de Harvest Moon, which then was followed by its sequel, Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming.
- The Lost Valley is the second Harvest Moon game that features DLCs. The first being My Little Shop.
- http://gematsu.com/2014/06/harvest-moon-lost-valley-announced-3ds gematsu.com
- http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/harvest-moon-lost-valley-development siliconera.com
- http://www.gonintendo.com/s/226604-tentative-release-dates-smash-bros-3ds-harvest-moon-and-more gonintendo.com
- http://ceecee-natsume.tumblr.com/post/87902699947/natsumes-full-e3-2014-lineup ceecee-natsume.tumblr.com
- http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/11/harvest-moon-lost-valley-will-downloadable-content/ siliconera.com
- http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/130160/e3-2014-natsumes-harvest-moon-lost-valley-minecraft-elements/ technologytell.com
- https://twitter.com/Cherubae/status/477142423542325248 Cherubae of fogu.com/hm
- http://www.gamepodunk.com/_/previews-trailers-and-demos/e3-2014-hands-on-with-harvest-moon-the-lost-valley-r3881 gamepodunk.com
- http://natsume.com/community/showthread.php?t=3251 CeeCee of Natsume