Harvest Moon 2 ( also known as Harvest Moon GBC 2 or Harvest Moon GB2 ) was the second Harvest Moon game to be released on Game Boy Color.
Harvest Moon 2 starts with the mayor of a village, who determines that to stay alive, they must use the old abandoned farmland outside of town and turn it into an amusement park. However, a farmer volunteers to take over the farm. He is given 3 years to accomplish it, or the farm will be turned into a theme park. Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley is a game later on in the Harvest Moon series that adopted a similar plot line.
- Pete ( playable male character )
- Sara ( playable female character )
- Rosie (runs the restaurant. Older sister of Chocola )
- Chocola ( Simply called "Choco" in some other Harvest Moon games. Usually found outside. Takes over the restaurant after Rosie marries. Younger sister of Rosie )
- Mary ( runs the library )
- Daisy ( runs the flower shop )
- Nancy ( Nurse that works with the doctor in the clinic )
- Cain ( minister of the church)
- Chet ( owner of the animal shop )
- Ken ( runs the Carpenter Shop )
- The Doctor ( runs the clinic )
- Bill ( runs the Tool Shop )
- Will ( Bill 's twin brother )
- Mayor ( let's you try to rebuild the farm )
Your first goal is to remove all the weeds from the farmland, crush the rocks littering the ground, and use an axe to chop up the tree stumps. After this, you must also till the land and plant crops for profit, or forage from the mountains. Over time, you will make enough money to keep animals to sell their produce. A Hot House can also be made to grow flowers and herbs.
This game is a lot more centered on the farming than some of the previous and future games, as in many of those, there is the option of getting married. While you can make friends with the villagers in Harvest Moon 2, you cannot get married.
The villagers give you tools at the beginning of the game, but you can buy more and your original tools will be upgraded over time.
The House The house starts off small, but can be expanded by Ken. It has a TV that predicts the next day's weather, a stove to tell you how much food you have, and a diary to save your game in at the end of the day. There is also a tool shed to keep your tools in.
The Farm The farm has a field where crops and grass can be planted. Crops must be watered once a day. Grass does not need to be watered.
Once a bridge is made by Ken, you can travel across to the second field and plant more crops.
In this game, unlike Harvest Moon GB, you can walk around and into shops at your leisure.
Up in the mountain are berries that can be shipped, and stumps that can be chopped up for lumber to build things. Stumps give you 6 Lumber and respawn automatically when you leave the mountain.
The Insects differ from season to season (Library Guide). Each bug can be caught using the Bug Net (buy from Bill for 500G) and is categorized in the Bug Book at the Library. Some bugs will appear only during the day and some will appear only at night.
The Hot Springs are also here for you to rejuvenate in.
A secret exit is located just right of the Hot Springs. Run into the trees and you will end up right next to your house back on the farm.